Knowledge Society is recruiting a mid-career Consultant to work in our Education practice, consulting to a range of clients nationally. Your work will include leading the design and implementation of major, system-wide transformation projects, designing teacher and principal professional learning and advising on other education policies and practice reforms in Australian K-12 education. It involves working with system leaders and Principals to support teachers with the knowledge, understanding, experience and confidence to make changes in their daily classroom that lift their impact on student learning every day.
Working closely with Knowledge Society’s Education Practice Lead, the Senior Consultant will lead the design, development and implementation of initiatives that improve educational performance in Australian schools and education systems. Our work is informed by international best-practice research and insights from cognitive science.
The role will include working on complex projects with diverse clients and initiatives. Knowledge Society will support you in learning our proprietary methods and techniques, however you should also come with existing professional skills that are relevant to this role. The right candidate will have the capacity to lead and manage all aspects of projects, set and deliver to project milestones. The role also involves coaching junior staff in addition to supporting them to deliver their work to specified timelines and quality standards.
We are looking for an excellent communicator who has a thirst for knowledge and an interest in social impact, particularly equity in education.
Example of Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead design, production and delivery of educational improvement initiatives nationally
- Supervise the production of assets (online, social media, audio-visual, printed research publications, data visualisation)
- Support junior colleagues in the design and management of capacity building initiatives within education systems that have measurable impact and are a positive experience for school leaders and teachers
- Lead the design and delivery of workshops and client engagement activities
- Manage the production of high-quality communications and engagement strategies across a range of media and formats
- Develop strategic and creative responses to client and partner challenges and turn these insights into new initiatives
- Lead team members in building and managing client and stakeholder relationships
- Previous consulting, change management or service design role, ideally with exposure to policy
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including the capacity to interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Capacity to lead design and development processes and manage projects
- Proven ability to articulate thought and write logically to a variety of audiences
- Strong facilitation skills, including confidence in facilitating senior executives
- Ability to manage work on multiple projects concurrently, to be realistic about timeframes for delivery and to communicate well with senior staff
- Ability to self-manage and flourish both autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including aptitude for client engagement, attentiveness to client need, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Exposure or experience in education or training
- Human centred design – interest in or some exposure to human centred design, design solutions, service design, change management and agile ways of working
- Consulting or social research skills – you may have a background in either general consulting or social research methods, measurement and evaluation of design research
Reporting: This is a Senior Consultant role which reports to the CEO on our national initiatives. The successful candidate will be active in 2–3 projects concurrently.
Location: This role is based in our Subiaco office. Travel within WA and interstate may be required. We will consider remote applicants from anywhere in Australia.
Duration: Full-time (approximately 37.5 hrs per week), with flexibility if required.
Fixed-term contract for one year with the potential for extension.
Salary: $85,000-$95,000 annually (plus superannuation) depending on experience.