Knowledge Society is recruiting an early-career Consultant to work in our Education practice, consulting to a range of clients nationally. Working closely with Knowledge Society’s Education Practice Lead, the Consultant will contribute to the design, development and implementation of initiatives that improve educational performance in Australian schools and K-12 education systems. Our work is informed by international best-practice research and insights from cognitive psychology. We work with education systems and schools to improve student outcomes by implementing evidence-based policy and practice.
The role will include working on complex projects with diverse clients and initiatives. Knowledge Society will support you in learning our methods and techniques, however you should also come with existing professional skills that are relevant to this role. The right candidate will have the capacity to lead and manage aspects of projects, set and deliver to project milestones and support senior colleagues in managing stakeholder relationships.
We are looking for an excellent communicator who has a thirst for knowledge and an interest in social impact, particularly equity in education.
Example of Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with senior colleagues to design and develop strategic and creative responses to education client and partner challenges and turn these insights into new initiatives
- Organise and facilitate design workshops and other meetings and ensure they are supported with an agenda and process
- Prepare and manage events, such as large online meetings, in collaboration with education clients.
- Support the development of a communications strategy to help achieve project objectives.
- Draft and prepare research summaries, memoranda, correspondence, agendas, minutes, high-fidelity slides and presentations
- Support senior team members in building and managing client and stakeholder relationships
- Experience working with research, data, evidence and policy
- Capacity to lead design and development processes
- Good program and project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and strong facilitation skills, including confidence in facilitation of senior executives
- Ability to manage work on multiple projects concurrently, to be realistic about timeframes for delivery and to communicate well with senior staff
- Naturally curious – this means that you read broadly, ask intelligent questions and are constantly learning
- Previous consulting, change management or service design role
- Exposure or experience in education or training
- Social research skills – you may have a background in either general consulting or social research methods, measurement and evaluation of design research
Reporting: This is a Consultant role which reports to the Education Practice Lead on our national initiatives. The successful candidate will be active in 2–3 projects concurrently.
Location: This role is based in our Subiaco office. Travel within WA and interstate may be required. We will consider remote applicants from anywhere in Australia.
Duration: Full-time (approximately 37.5 hrs per week), with flexibility if required.
Fixed-term contract for one year with the potential for extension.
Salary: $70,000-$80,000 annually (plus superannuation) depending on experience